Thursday, October 13, 2011

Wha'ts In The Name

In mid 2009, after a very hard prior year, I found myself talking to God more and more about His desire for my life.  It wasn't long before He lead me to websites about Life Coaching.  The more I read, the more interested I was.  By chance I clicked on a site for a Life Coach who was doing everything I wanted to do.  I quickly sent her and email to get more information.  Isn't it just like God that it turned out she was in the next town and more than willing to help me in any way she could.  Since then she has coached me; taught me, held my hand, gently nudged me, got down on the mat with me and cheered me on and encouraged me.  

In 2010 I began taking classes to become a Life Coach.  I prayed about a name for my new business.  I prayed and prayed and prayed some more.  The whole time I kept going back to a Scripture the Lord had Spoken to me many years before, Exodus 20:20.  To keep it in context I will start at verse 18 and end at 21.
And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off. And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die. 20And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not. 21And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.

This is my life verse, it reminds me that I want to be where Moses was.  Near and not afar off.  That when I see the thunderings, and the lightnings, when I hear the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking (in other words when life is HARD) it is possible, very possible that it is God coming to prove (giving  opportunity to draw close to Him and be more pleasing to Him).
20:20 also refers to acuteness or clearness of vision.  I translate this to mean the vision God has for me and the vision He has for the people He will have pass through my path.  The vision every Christian should be after.  The Vision of Drawing Near to God.  So, here I am to say: "Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not".  I will teach you, hold your hand, gently nudge you, get down on the mat to cheer you on and encourage you. 
The 20:20 Coach

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Everyone needs an encourager and you have said it simply. These verses brighten my day and are very clear that God does want to be close to us (but accountability is very important to Him as well), Thank you 2020Coach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray you can be a blessing to so many through the words God gives you on your blog. It truly can be a ministry to many.

    Nina and I were just talking about how we admire you last night. We admire the way you follow the Lord's leading in your life, and are bold about what He has spoken in your life.

    Blessings from one blogger to another!

    Tanya~

    ReplyDelete